- Annotation References: Universal CiteKeys added to PDF notes can be clicked to open the corresponding paper in your library, or performs a search for them if they don't exist.
- Marking papers as private will prevent them from being added to Shared Collections.
- Original files moved to your Papers library will now be moved to the trash, rather than be deleted.
preferred nameproperty of the
publication itemclass no longer causes an AppleScript error.
citekeyproperty of the
publication itemclass is now writable. This allows you to set your own CiteKeys via AppleScript.
library itemsubclasses (e.g.
publication item) now have an
item urlproperty. This returns the item's
papers3://URL. This URL can be used to uniquely identify an item. For publications, you can also use it to open its corresponding publication in Papers (see below).
- Citations launches significantly faster.
- Improves syncing performance and reliability.
- Improved reliability when using Papers Online.
- More reliable matching when using the New York Times search engine.
- No longer introduces erroneous search results in your library after syncing.
- Removes a false "Database Verification Failed" error message when verifying your library.
- Improves PubMed search when searching for longer titles.
- Improves identifying libraries in the library selection sheet after holding ⌥ at launch.
- Resolves inability to select certain libraries.
- It currently isn't possible to switch to a library that was created on Papers for iPad beta 3.2.0.
Addresses an issue present in the previous Beta release (3.0.35 (126)) causing cached search results to sometimes appear together with actual imported publications in the user's library (Note this is resolved during a one-time operation on starting Papers - depending on the number of extra publications present in the library this may take several seconds to complete. Subsequent app launches will not be affected.)
Addresses an issue that caused PDFs and annotations to not be imported to the library when importing a Papers Archive file.
Exciting new features: Papers Online, improved synchronisation, scripting support
NEW! Free Papers Online services for the Mac, Windows and iOS, and your favourite web browser!
- Share collections of papers with your colleagues.
- Save papers for reading later in your Papers Online "Reading List". We have upcoming browser plugins for Chrome, Safari and Firefox for you to access and add to your reading list as well as the Mac or iOS app, and the web interface at http://online.papersapp.com.
- We are only getting started with adding online services to supplement your Papers experience. Please tell us what you think via [email protected]!
NEW! Re-designed library synchronisation. After a careful look at the speed of and bandwidth use during library synchronisation, we rebuilt a much faster and more reliable data synchronisation experience and are now ready to release it. There is no longer a need for lock files either.
- *NOTE! to sync this beta version with Papers for iOS, you will need to use Papers for iOS 3.1.8 beta version using Testflight. Please sign up to Papers for iOS beta access here *
Improved stability and performance
- Fixes an issue whereby book records would get presented with incorrect inspector fields.
- Fixes an issue with importing papers from the "Related articles" view into your library.
- Fixes an issue whereby updating the app would fail when using Papers with OSX 10.10 (Yosemite) Developer Preview.
- Fixes a crash that could affect the app when importing or synchronising large amounts of data.
- Fixes a rare crash when viewing papers with no associated type metadata (paper, book, etc).
- Fixes a rare crash when attempting to open corrupt PDFs in Papers.
- Fixes a rare crash caused by using Papers 3 for Mac together with Papers 3 for Windows beta version.