Release Notes for Papers 3 - version 3.2.4 (196) beta
Modified on: Thu, 14 Sep, 2017 at 11:30 AM
Papers 3 for Mac
& OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- Look & Feel: Refreshed for OS X 10.10 Yosemite! There are
many improvements for users running OS X 10.9 Mavericks and below
- Federated Search: Improved layout.
- Retina support: The app is now optimised for Retina
- Selection styles & controls: improved readability for the
List and Columns library view modes - identify currently selected
items more easily.
- Overview Inspector: New "Read" and "Cite" quick link buttons
for every paper in your library - speed up your workflow!
- Reader: Improvements to how tabs look in the Reader view.
- Annotations: A color selector is now present in the Reader
bottom bar when adding highlights or underlines to a paper.
- Sources: The Sources drop-down menu is now more prominent when
using the Sources view.
- Sources: ISSN is now available as an option in the Sources
Other New Features
- Supplemental PDFs can now optionally be exported along with
primary PDFs when using the File → Export… → PDF
Files & Media option.
- Exported supplemental PDFs can now optionally have their
- Annotations made to PDFs in external applications can now be
made editable within the Papers Reader view by using the View
→ Annotate → Extract Embedded Annotations option.
- Password-protected PDFs can now be opened within Papers 3 for
Performance & Stability
- PDFs associated with library items are no longer deleted when
adding those items to the Reading List if "Move original file to
Trash on import" is selected in the Preferences.
- Dragging a supplemental file to Finder now correctly copies the
supplemental file rather than the primary PDF.
- Better sorting of shared collections: The imported date for
papers added to Papers Online shared collections is now treated as
the date that the paper was added to the shared collection (rather
than the date the paper is imported into the user's local
- Consistent syncing status messages and status light indicators
during and after syncing.
- Removes a cause of "Waiting for app shut down" messages and
delays when quitting the app or shutting down your Mac.
- User preferences for some options such as page rotation and
show / hide cover pages are now persisted between app
- Changing the publication date in the Inspector Info tab now
correctly updates the date in the Overview tab, the Reader screen
tab and the List, Grid and Coverflow views.
- The "Page Thumbnails" view mode on the Preview pane &
Reader has been temporarily disabled when running Papers 3 for Mac
on OS X 10.10 Yosemite. This avoids a bug introduced in OS X 10.10
with PDF rendering that would cause Papers 3 for Mac to crash
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.